Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Freedom!

Just a few days short of the six-month seizure-free mark, I started driving again this week. Oh my gosh! I’ve never felt freer! Running errands on my own schedule is a newfound delight.  

Having to coordinate rides to and from work and doctors’ appointments for half a year was really hard. My family and friends tried to make it as easy as possible for me (and I SO appreciate it), but I couldn’t help feeling like a burden.

And then there was MARTA -- Atlanta’s rail system. I don’t think I rode it for more than a month or so, but when you’re 8/9-months pregnant with a bloodhound’s sense of smell, sitting next to someone eating spicy buffalo wings at 8am is no picnic.

I couldn’t see it at the time, but I realize now how blessed my life has been. To have my own car, the ability to get where I need to go, when I want to go there. And a community of folks who will jump in when I can’t. When I get through a few more hurdles, I hope to turn this experience into something that helps others.

In other news, this has been Sydney’s first week of daycare at The Clifton School. She’s doing great. We couldn’t feel more blessed with the way things have worked out regarding her care. With her going to "school" every day now, I treasure our mornings and evenings together that much more.

We leave for Baltimore on Saturday morning. What in the world do I pack for the eleven day trip? I'm sure I'll just wait until the last minute and throw a bunch of shoes and jewelry in a bag. :-)

LOVE,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. So excited for Monday!!! If at all possible, will you have Tad or your family post something to either your blog or facebook with how things are going? I am not sure that I can make it 11+ days without knowing something. :-) You might have posted this in your previous blog post, but do you know what time you'll be going into surgery. I'd just like for my prayer to be VERY specific at that time. 'Love you!!

    ReplyDelete