Monday, June 18, 2012

Yesterday, today, and tomorrow

I feel great today, but yesterday was ugly. Couldn't get out of bed until around 1pm and then had to curl up on the sofa for the rest of the day. Not sure if it was that I'd taken the last of my steroids, or that I'd pushed myself too hard previous days, or all the anesthesia leaving my body, but I felt terrible.

What a difference a day makes! Today we took thank you's to my Neuro ICU nurses, Jade and Lindsey. I wished they'd have been there for me to thank in person. Being at the hospital, walking the halls, feeling strong -- I was so grateful. 


Tomorrow at 8:30am I'll get my pathology report and my staples removed. Please pray for a good path report. I don't even know what I mean by "good". Just not "bad". One that makes follow-up treatments unnecessary. One that puts this tumor in its place. One that makes Dr. Weingart smile.

I'm also anxious about getting the forty five staples removed. I must've asked Dr. Weingart's office multiple times how to prepare myself for the staple removal. "Now, do you do anesthesia? No? Okay... So people tell you it feels like a pinch, huh?" Forty five pinches? God give me the strength.

Mom and I have been recounting the days, recounting our blessings. There is no greater blessing than the love Mom has given me. She is such a spectacular mom. She will do anything for her children and it feels *so good* to be that cared for. Here's a pic taken in NYC the night before her surgery.




I'm so glad you're OK, Mom.



3 comments:

  1. Kim. Just catching up with all you have had going on. I will be praying for you. So glad everything has gone well up to this point. Prayers are with you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! So glad to see you're up and about and feeling good! And how fitting is it that you look so glam in your hat! Thinking of you and Tad and the baby. Good luck tomorrow, chica!

    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim - I can't tell you how happy we are to know how well you are doing. This post in particular brought tears to my eyes. You DO have an awesome Mom. So happy you are both healing and can continue to bless those around you with your love and kindness. Glad to hear you're heading back home to your family!

    Hugs,
    Virginia Wilson and fam

    ReplyDelete