Saturday, June 9, 2012

Patience

I'm writing from the Baltimore airport, waiting for my parents' flight to arrive. They were supposed to be on my flight via connection in ATL, but after multiple delays, they are now scheduled to arrive four hours late. I'm waiting in baggage claim with about two hours to go. Normally this would have me antsy and a bit annoyed. Not at anyONE, but at the wait. Because I like to be on the move. From one activity to the next. I can be rather impatient when things start to slow down. But not now. The way I see it, my parents, husband, sister and brother will have a much more difficult wait. They will wait in a hospital sitting area for several hours (longer than my piddly wait here in baggage claim) when I go in for surgery. I know how hard the waiting-room wait was for Mom's lumpectomy. We were all confident she was going to fly through surgery, but it didn't make the wait easier. You are fairly breathless until you see the doctor and know your loved one's alright. I hate the thought of my family worrying or waiting anxiously. But hopefully what they are waiting for will be worth it: an "all clear" from our surgeon. An "all clear" doesn't necessarily mean I'm cured -- although we're praying for that miracle. We'll still have many other waits ... the pathology report, recovery, results from follow-up MRIs to see if it returns, etc. But I know we've packed our trust in God. That, and a little bit of patience, is all we need. With SO MUCH LOVE, Kim

2 comments:

  1. SO MUCH LOVE, back at'cha!!! And big hugs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all of your friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, friends of friends.... everyone who knows you, Tad or your family will be in our own virtual waiting room for you tomorrow. Sending up prayers. Hope you feel all that love!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete