Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 3: No more sugarless gum

Three days down; 32 (or less) to go!

The face mask I wear for treatments was especially tight today. I think I must have gained a quarter of an ounce in my forehead because there was no spare room in that thing. I asked the tech what happens when a patient gains weight through the course of their treatments. He looked at me like, "Is that your plan? Because that really makes things difficult." I reassured him that I have no plans to gain weight, but it seems a stick of sugarless gum could put you over the line from fitting to not.

Enough about me. I want to thank YOU for your love and generosity. Today I opened love notes from Becky, Hyung Mi, and The Paynes. I'm flying high on your fluffy, sparkly, rainbow-colored wings.

I read this in my Hopeful Heart book this morning and was like "Yeah!"

"Each one of us is God's special work of art. Through us, He teaches and inspires, delights and encourages, informs and uplifts all those who view our lives. God the master artist, is most concerned about expressing Himself -- His thoughts and His intentions -- through what He paints in our characters."  -- Joni Eareckson Tada






2 comments:

  1. I got to see your sweet Mom today and she fille dmein on the prayer chain. What an awesome idea!! Kim, you are such an inspiration!! Love your humor and insight during this test of faith. You are one strong lady and you have a lot of prayer warriors praying like heck for you. Keep up the faith and good fight - as long as you pray it up to God, He will handle everything.

    Much love to you and yours -
    Virginia Wilson

    ReplyDelete