Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 6: Attitude of gratitude

I have so much joy and gratitude today. I know I use the word "overwhelming" a lot, but no other word comes to mind for for how I'm experiencing God's love. It's indescribably ... fantastic!

After my treatment this morning, and with fuel from the "love link" messages, I took McGehee for a walk in the park. My radio-oncology nurse explained the importance of daily exercise to build my immunity. Rain or shine. Fatigued or nauseous. So I make it part of my weekly routine.

During today's walk, I felt such an ease with each step. Almost like I could run without exerting any extra energy. I was singing The Lumineers' "Classy Girls" and KISS' "New York Groove"outloud. A canopy of trees took on the drizzling rain. The humidity seemed to be zero. God not only carried me, he propelled me.

I can't recall a time I felt more thankful for all the blessings in my life. I feel all the prayers for me and am so lifted by them. I thank God for answering our prayers -- today and everyday.

3 comments:

  1. Your attitude and outlook is so positive and uplifting to everyone Kim. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer! I am so blessed to have the support of friends like you.

      Delete
  2. Aren't WE supposed to be the ones encouraging and uplifting YOU?!?! You inspire me so...thanks for helping me put/keep things in perspective. Big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete