Thursday, August 16, 2012

Simulation appt today

Hi guys!  Today at 11am is my simulation appointment at Emory where they fit the radiation equipment for my treatments. They said I could valet for free. Nice!

An interesting thing happened at our Emory consult on Tuesday. The radiation oncologist (Dr. Ian Crocker) recommended a more conservative plan of therapy: radiation only with adjuvent chemotherapy (instead of concurrent radiation + chemotherapy, then adjuvent chemo as recommended by Hopkins).

I'm having my doctors from Hopkins and Emory talk to hopefully come to consensus. But Dr. Crocker said that treatment typically begins 7-10 days after the simulation, which would put us starting around Thursday 8/23 - Monday 8/27.

I'm hoping they agree on the more conservative plan, but am prayerful that we are led to the right treatment -- not necessarily the easiest.

As always, thanks for the prayers and support! A special thanks to my now cancer-free friend Nina for the bracelet engraved with the words, "Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass -- it's about learning to dance in the rain." I love it!

Love,
Kim


2 comments:

  1. 'Will be sending you good vibes at 11am. And, you are so right...praying for the right treatment, not necessarily the easiest. But, I'm sneaking in a prayer that the easiest treatment IS the right treatment. BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always thinking about you! You are amazing and I'm so glad you liked the bracelet!

    ReplyDelete