Monday, July 9, 2012

Where we are

I haven't posted in a while because we've been busy enjoying life. Really enjoying it. But I kinda sorta have an update to share.

I finally got a call from Dr. Weingart on July 3rd. He hadn't called sooner because basically there is no new news. But in my 18 minute conversation with him, he did clarify a few things that made me feel better:
  • He's been waiting for the chance to consult with Dr. Peter Burger on my case. Dr. Burger is Director of Neuropathology at Johns Hopkins and one of the world's best in interpreting brain tumors. The way I understand it, my slides were read by someone in Dr. Burger's department, but not him. Dr. Weingart wasn't satisfied with the reading and sent it back with questions for Dr. Burger. There was a miscommunication and the same information was sent back from the same person. So now I'm trying to track down Dr. Burger and find out where we are in the process of getting a final report.
  • It's possible Dr. Burger will read the same slides differently, Dr. Weingart tells me. Pathology is a spectrum, and there is overlap between each of the grades.
  • He reminded me that for now, I'm tumor-free. Sometimes I forget this honestly. If we need to take precautions so that it doesn't come back, well, I'm good with that.
  • Our next scheduled touchbase with Dr. Weingart is when he receives the scans from my August 15th MRI. We hope to connect with Dr. Burger before that (I mean, come on. It's more than a month away.), but that's our next scheduled huddle session.
Thanks for your interest in my story. If I can inspire hope in the heart of just one person with my journey, this is worthwhile. I mean it. I'm a different person from this experience and I love what God is doing with me.

Thanks for your continued prayers, support, cards, and kind words. We really are so touched and lifted by them.

And now, for the best part... two recent pics of our SGB. She is delicious!



2 comments:

  1. Yeah...a smile from little Miss SGB. PRECIOUS. I bet she IS delicious, and I rather imagine that you are getting your fair share of nibbles. I so hope to be able to meet her someday. :-) We love you, Ms Kim, and our entire family continues to pray for you nightly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalie! Your words and prayers mean so much!

      Delete