Thursday, July 26, 2012

My glass isn't half full. My cup runneth over!

Hello dear family & friends!

We had the best weekend celebrating Sydney's baptism. It was so special to have a full house of family gathered together. I want to soak in the memories!

Getting ready for the ceremony was "fun" (think: spit-up a go-go, multiple wardrobe changes -- both Sydney and I, running late, speeding to the church, all the family's there waiting, no A/C at the church on 95 degree day, etc.), but Sydney couldn't have been more of an angel once at the ceremony and all through the reception.

Thanks to our dear sweet families and Jamie for making the weekend so incredible. I will cherish that day always. Here's a slideshow that Jamie Stephens, my best friend and owner of Sixth Day Images, created:

http://video214.com/play/Vw0sHW8J1KmD6papj7qvmw/s/dark


There was a prayer Tad and I read at the ceremony that choked me up (think: breathless sobbing) and I now say it everyday. It pretty much captures it all. I included it at the end of this post.

In other news, we're going back to Baltimore on August 9th to meet with Dr. Stuart Grossman (neuro-oncologist) and Dr. Lawrence Kleinberg (radio-oncologist) at Hopkins to discuss follow-up treatment. UCSF's team of neuropathologists agreed with Hopkins' diagnosis and pathology. So we're off to meet with the experts on how to keep this cancer from coming back.

UCSF said they'd recommend chemotherapy (Temodar, a pill) and radiation (standard fractionalized), but that Dr. Grossman would have more to say about it. Dr. Grossman has a reputation for recommending treatment based on the individual case, not standards in therapy. So that's good. Wish that wasn't a special thing for a doctor to be known for.

I'm feeling great both physically and emotionally. Very loved. Very hopeful. For those of you praying for me to experience peace and joy, it's working. I feel blessed beyond measure. I was thinking about the "glass half full" saying and it's very true. It's all about perspective ... and prayer. I didn't realize how blessed I was/am until this stupid cancer came along.

Thank you all for your love, prayers and support. It's the air I'm breathing.

God bless you,
Kim


Parent's Prayer

With all my heart, with all my soul, with all my might
I pray for the health of this child.
I pray for her to be perfect in mind and body,
To grow steadily and sturdily
In a home filled with joy at her presence,
To be nurtured into a person who greets the world.

With all my heart, with all my soul, with all my might,
I pray for the health of this world.
I beg its leaders to temper their insanity with reason,
So that my child may live in a world that seeks longevity, not annihilation.
Let the world join in the thrill of creation,
And turn its back on the lust for destruction.
Let my child never know the pain and absurdity of warfare
Let her take part in the dances of peace.

With all my heart, with all my soul, with all my might,
I pray to God to watch  over me and my family,
I pray for the capacity to return my husband's/wife's great love for me,
I pray for the ability to love and nurture this child,
I pray to feel God's presence now and always.







5 comments:

  1. Oh my....the slideshow was WONDERFUL. I couldn't stop the tears (happy tears) as I watched. What a beautifully, special day for you all. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalie! Your hugs are felt ... and they are amazing! Love to you and your family!

      Delete
  2. Oh Kim! I have chills and happy tears running down my face right now after watching the video and reading your post. Beautiful, incredible, inspiring, amazing. Thanks for sharing. Sydney is so precious and so are you. Love, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing that with us. You are such an inspiration to me.

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending love and prayers your way, Kim, to you and your precious family. You are a strong person, from a very strong family. So much love there -

    Sydney is so beautiful - thank you for sharing the video of her christening!

    What a beautiful prayer you posted. That is definitely one to pray every day. God hears your prayers and He has a plan. Keep praying, keep your faith and strength and you will continue to be blessed beyond measure. Hugs to you, Girl. :)

    Virginia Wilson and family

    ReplyDelete